Welcome to the Friends Academy Parent Information page, the place to find everything – from school forms to permission slips, handbooks and what's for lunch.
COMMUNITY SPIRIT INFUSES the Friends Academy experience. Throughout their years at Friends, students experience a genuine interest in self-expression on one hand and connection.
We cultivate an environment that nurtures both. We are a community that looks for the best in all of its members, that celebrates the wide variety of gifts and talents they have to share. We are a community that encourages students to aim high, to try new things, to push beyond the known and safe to new levels of achievement, all within a strong network of support that helps students get up to try again when they fall. Students are free to fully explore their potential as individuals because they learn in an atmosphere of trust and respect. They form bonds of friendship that will last a lifetime.
There is also a sense of community among the parents at Friends Academy. The Parent Council aims to promote the welfare of Friends Academy by maintaining a close working relationship among parents, faculty, administration and trustees. All parents of current students are automatically members. The Parent Council welcomes families to volunteer and participate in its various activities and welcomes each parent's opinion and point of view.
Our parents and caregivers are a vital part of our Quaker school community. Explore how our families learn more about Quakerism and their children's experience in a Quaker school in this video.
2021-2022 Parent Council Executive Board
President - Roseann Martin
Executive Vice President - Lisa Shroff
Executive Secretary - Alexis Barr Kurita
Treasurer - Meera Mehta
Assistant Treasurer - Kerri Grasso
Lower School VP - Liz Kakar
Lower School Asst. VP - Emily Silverstein
Lower School Secretary - Nathalie Vrahatis
Middle School VP - Franki Doshi
Middle School Asst. VP - Jen Adoni
Middle School Secretary - Anna DeNatale
Upper School VP - Liz Harris
Upper School Asst. VP - Lisa Katovitz
Upper School Secretary - Eva Fodera
What Are Your Security Procedures & Protocols?
In the event of inclement weather, the following protocols will go into effect:
- Parents will receive a direct phone call with a recorded message from the Head of School via the school's phone alert system.
- FA's status will be posted as a pop-up window on the FA website.
- FA's status will be available on Cablevision and FIOS - watch the closings and delays crawl on the television or go to the websites for News12 Long Island or FIOS1.
FA's first line of communication is the phone alert system. If you do not receive a call and are concerned about the safety of the driving conditions, please check the FA website, News12 Long Island, or FIOS1.
Online Safety & Privacy
Below, please find helpful resources for protecting privacy and staying safe online.
"How Do I?" FAQ
"How Do I?..."
Find an old e-mail? Log onto the Parent Portal and click on "E-mail Archive" on left navigation bar
Pay my bill? Log onto the Parent Portal and click on "MyBackPack," then "My Account"
How can I access important forms that are for all schools?
Important forms that are for all schools can be found below:
- Application for Diversity Grant Fund
- Bus Request Form (Needed for Kindergarten and up. Forms must be returned to your school district by April 1st. Some districts may require you to fill out their forms.)
- Instrument rental forms (Needed for 4th grade and up)
- Tuition Refund Plan
- Tuition Monthly Payment Plan Form
How can I access important forms for Lower School?
How can I access important forms for Middle School?
How can I access important forms for Upper School?
Important forms for Upper School can be found below:
- Upper School Style Manual
- Schedule Change Form
- Summer Programs list
- SAT Subject Tests
- Independent Study form
- Log in to Upper School Student Portal for college manuals (Class of 2020 available mid-August)
- Naviance Log-in
- 2019 College Matriculation
- 2020 Method Test Prep Log-in
- 9th & 10th Grade Overview
- Sample Activities Resume
Class of 2020 - Seniors
Camp De Wolfe forms are available when logged into the parent portal
- Prom permission form (must be completed if inviting an outside guest)
- Senior Driving Privilege Program Policy
- Senior Driving Permission Form
- Senior Driving Checklist
- Method Test Prep Log-in
- ISP Packet
Class of 2021 - Juniors
Rock Can Roll Service retreat
Guest Visitor permission form
Class of 2022 - Sophomores
- My College QuickStart Reference Guide
- New vs. old SAT features
- Planning for the College Process - Freshman & Sophomore Years
Sept. 19th Retreat permission forms
Class of 2023 - Freshmen
Ninth grade Electives (Current rising 8th graders)
Outdoor Ed Forms are available when logged into the parent portal